Monday, February 20, 2012

Relaxing Zen From Israel

While I lived in Israel , as you know, I was a biofeedback therapist. Now I was also an artist. It has been reported that Biofeedback can make you more creative, and I researched the notion of creativity. I was interested in creative techniques I could pass along to my young clients as well as the person behind the creative process. I wanted to know, "what made a person creative". I also loved nature and had mainly painted pastel landscape paintings as well as give art workshops in the national parks, especially at the Baron de Rothchild Park ( Park Ha'nadiv) in Zichron Ya'akov . It was great because there was always good weather you could count upon. There were also many beautiful flowers and very scenic vistas. Now with the invention of the digital camera, I began to make scenic studies on film to add to my relaxed concentration video " Being In Control: Natural Solutions for ADHD, Dyslexia, and Test Anxiety". I had filmed so many scenes that I also compiled the shots into two video "Exotic Sights and Sounds of Israel" and "Meditative Sights and Sounds of Israel". and had these movies uploaded to Amazon.com streaming video downloads. Yet, these two movies had poetic scripts added. Once back in the USA , I saw a movie on Zen concepts and a Japaneese garden. All it was was long shots of a Japaneese garden and scenery. So I wanted to make something similar about the Zen (simplistic) beauty of Israel that gets ignored in news items about Israel. Yet, I needed to combine footage from both videos to do that. I did, and the product became "Relaxing Zen From Israel"


ZenIsrael
Creative Painting

No comments: