Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's been two years now.

It's been two years now since I published my ground breaking memoir about the culture of Israel and the Aliya process in the book  " Leaving Home, Going Home, Returning Home: A Hebrew American's Sojourn in the Land of Israel". So what has happened since to me and to Israel. well , for me , things are really great, actually better than expected. you could even say that " I am living my dream".  I have totally integrated back into American society- as a Hebrew American who is known to have spent 23 years in Israel. Today, in the USA, having lived in Israel has become a badge of honor.
So what has happened? As I was a happy member in Israel, I joined the BNI ( Business Networking International) networking group in West Hartford, Ct. and they made me the mentor co-ordinator.  I was invited by CAPA, the Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association  to give a talk on Video Book Trailer Editing - a new business of mine that combines video editing , creativity, authoring coaching, and network marketing. All subjects I have experience in. I have my own television show in my town of Wethersfield, CT on public access television WCTV14  named "Meet The Author". On the program, I interview authors I know from CAPA. By the way, historic Wethersfield situated on the Connecticut river is the countries very first township.  So , as someone who loves history, I enjoy being surrounded by it, along with the old town fairs, outdoor artists, and farmers markets. I will be offering introductory Hebrew at the Wethersfield Adult Education department as well as bamboo painting classes. I am now giving an art critique class at the West Hartford senior Center and plan along with my sister Audrey to offer Israeli and Jewish cooking there soon.
I am still tutoring students with ADHD as well as students who want to achieve higher grades from time to time and am having the same great results here as I did with the students in Israel ( I tutored over 300 there).
I also finished a second version of my video's " Being In Control: natural Solutions for ADHD, Dyslexia, and Test Anxiety",  as well as the video " Anyone can Improve Their Own Handwriting" which produced in Israel has over 55,000 hits now on YouTube ( the older version I put up). I now offer both videos as a internet streaming version on Amazon.com so that someone anywhere in the world can get the videos without having to pay for mailing of hardcopy. So too with "Leaving Home, Going Home, Returning Home" it is on Kindle as to be able to read it on the plane to Israel : )) or on the plane from Israel to the USA. I still work at Hartford Hospital in the neurodiagnostics department per diem and enjoy my hospital contribution, but have not had the opportunity to continue with medical research in my role as diagnostics technologist there.
As for my two daughters Shanee and Limor. They seem to both be following in some way in my foot steps and of that I am proud. Shanee has entered the field of biological research and Limor will be working with challenged students.
I also just finished a video on relaxation "Zen From Israel" using footage of exotic scenes I filmed while I lived in Israel wanting to show that Israel itself is a beautiful country and a land of milk and honey. But now, I am living in the USA, 10 miles from where I was born ( back to roots) and am filming my next relaxation movie " Zen of Winter". The joke is- there was only a few days of winter this year and a few of those in early October . Well, I just came back from a fishing convention and am gearing up for the early spring.



Leaving Home

No comments: