Friday, February 24, 2012

My Kosher Israeli Mediterranean recipes- Guacamole

In Israel I use to work on a kibbutz for a few months where I took a Hebrew Ulpan class. It was one of the best experiences I had living there. One of the produce my kibbutz - Ein Dor- had was growing avocados. Now the secret and fun to picking avocados is getting inside the tree to find the well camouflaged fruits hidden by the same colored leaves as the fruits.

Here I am below Mt. Tabor at Kibbutz Ein Dor.
Yes, Israel is a major exporter of avacados. So if you think Guacamole is Mexican - think again, It's Israeli.
My own secret avocado guacamole . If you like it you will like the book.

Recipe' for two-In food processor.
One Avocado. Put slices in. Boil one egg. Put in. Make a chicken soup with boiled onion, celery leaves, and tomato. Garlic is optional. Take out a celery leaf, the cooked tomato, the cooked onion and about a spoon of chicken broth. Add to food processor. You may also add a scallion or parsley leaves instead of the onion and celery leaf. Add  a pinch of coriander, curry, sea salt, and red paprika. Blend.  Put on a toasted pita bread that was toasted with some olive oil and paprika. This is probably the best guacamole version you will ever have.



Relaxing Zen from Israel: a scenic video for relaxation and meditation.

No comments: