Friday, February 24, 2012

A story about finding roots


This story of seeking my roots by searching for a location painted  by my artist artist grandfather and bringing him back to life through critiqueing his art. The ruined castle my grandfather Josef Alster painted was somewhere in Poland or Germany. I was going to be in Germany for my third time and was seeking out the castle if I could. I could not find it on the trips and the search was on. In the end I did discover the castle. This Blog was eventually incorporated in my book "Leaving Home Going Home Returning Home" . Since I " solved" this art mystery I have solved two other art mysteries. On about a painting of Billie Dove and another about the painting the Daughters of de Boit by John Singer Sargent. Will publish those soon.

http://happy-holocaust-story.blogspot.com/

No comments: